The Metro Vancouver Jewish community continues to struggle with housing insecurity. There is an urgent need for affordable, safe and stable homes, with more than 300 applicants on the Jewish Housing Registry’s growing waitlist. Of those, 71 are families with children and 65 are persons with disabilities.
Tikva Housing Society currently serves more than 300 people, with 100% occupancy in its 128 subsidized rental units, and by providing rent subsidies for those living in market rentals facing a temporary crisis.
“The only way that Tikva can address our community’s housing needs is through your generosity. Donations are crucial to help in achieving our mission to provide innovative and affordable housing solutions,” said Anat Gogo, executive director of Tikva Housing Society.
That is why, this month, the society is calling upon the collective power of the community’s compassion and generosity, as it launches Tikva’s annual fundraising campaign. Here is how you can help:
1) Plan. Mark your calendars for March 17 to March 27.
2) Give. Starting March 17, go to tikvahousing.org/donate and make your gift.
3) Inspire. Encourage your family and friends to join you in making a difference.
4) Share. Spread the word by sharing Tikva’s campaign posts on your social media and tag @TikvaHousing to expand its reach on Twitter and Facebook.
When you donate, you help provide a safe and secure home for Jewish community members, enabling them to put food on their table, buy medication and send their kids to camps. Dignity comes with the stability of shelter, as does the strength to fight for a better future.
– Courtesy Tikva Housing Society